Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site

From: Anonynamous Troublemaker
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:27:46 +0000

May I briefly intervene,

If Behdad had said this 25 years ago, I would have agreed with him; but not any more. Today the word "Farsi" is a part of the English vocabulary, referring to, well, "Farsi". It is in the latest Oxford Engilish Dictionaries, which is the defacto standard for English usage. That makes it official. It is used as such by VOA, the US State Department, and and a whole raft of other serious institutions. If you don't believe it, do a search for "Farsi" in Google, and see what you come up with.

Best regards to all