Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:47:56 +0000

Abbas,

So, now that you have wrote these lines, let me tell everyone
what happened between me and Arian.  The whole story is that I
liked him as an active member, and I was in a good relationship
with Arash Z., even after the flame war between him and Roozbeh.

Dear Behdad, I know sometime everybody loose his temper, saying something he does not really mean and maybe hurt others. This is human! we are all making mistakes that's why we invented opology! Let's repair the damages and work together. I really enjoy reading your technical input in this ML.

About Farsi vs. Persian, anyone familiar with national and
international standards, and culture and literature, knows that
it should be called Persian, otherwise YOU ARE INVENTING A WORD.

It does not really matter now when on our litterature books FARSI stands instead of PARSI (or Persian which is the correct word). Shahnameh Ferdosi is always a good referens. Arabs have no Peh in their alphabets, so they use Feh instead of Peh and as we all know they conquerred Persians once and we still suffering of consequences like this. Past is past! what can we do now? blaming arabs? fight each other? begging others for help? Let's have some perspective to our history! We have THE golden opportunity to use pure persian within translation of KDE or any other parts of linux But this require that we (all other similar projects) can cooperate and stand united. Using the same Persian term every where they appear in all application, using synonyms with Peh, Geh, Zheh, Cheh as much as possible!

Regards
Abbas

Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/