Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:57:32 +0430

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 18:28, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Abbas Izad wrote:
> > It does not really matter now when on our litterature books FARSI stands
> > instead of PARSI (or Persian which is the correct word). Shahnameh
> > Ferdosi is always a good referens. Arabs have no Peh in their alphabets,
> > so they use Feh instead of Peh and as we all know they conquerred
> > Persians once and we still suffering of consequences like this. Past is
> > past! what can we do now? blaming arabs? fight each other? begging others
> > for help? Let's have some perspective to our history! We have THE golden
> > opportunity to use pure persian within translation of KDE or any other
> > parts of linux But this require that we (all other similar projects) can
> > cooperate and stand united. Using the same Persian term every where they
> > appear in all application, using synonyms with Peh, Geh, Zheh, Cheh as
> > much as possible!
>
> I can't get you here.  What are you trying to tell me?  I'm
> talking about standards and dictionaries, not more.
>
> > Regards
> > Abbas

Wit regard to standards Behdad is right. But there are some other views that
can apply as well. But to be honest it has been a long day, fighting a lot
with M$ Office, because I had to, and I am too lazy to go into this now :)
Can I postpone my notworthy comments on this :) Thanks.

Greetings,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project