Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:37:21 +0300

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 12:01, Abbas Izad wrote:
> Ok, many thing has come up that I didn't know about!

You didn't miss much.

> It was so SAD to read through the whole history.
> This bring up THE questions once more, why we iranian can NOT
> cooperate with each other!!!
> Why do we mess things up for ourselves? Why are we so "khaleh zanak"?
> Why are we so "NICE" when we are in contact with foreigners and so
> RUDE to each other? I don't want (and hate) to politicies the issue
> here but answers to these questions will help us to learn how to
> behave when we work in teams and in general.

Please go to
http://lists.sharif.edu/pipermail/farsikde/2002-August/000412.html and
see how hard I tried to be nice to everyone. How hard I tried to avoid
being a prick, how I tried to praise everyone's work, and so on.

Unfortunately it seems the september 2002 archive of our mailing lits is
no loner available at Sharif Servers. Anyway....

There is really no benefit in bringing back thse old stories. I am happy
that after that, we managed to establish LIGLUG, and managed to
actually instead of fighting, do something usefull. We worked on KDE,
and Behdad and Roozbeh also worked on other stuff that were interesting
for them.

Abbas, I generally agree with you about what you said about iranians.
However, during these months, I think we have proved that we (as a
team) can work with each other. And have done so wonderfully. We shall
only focus on what lies ahead, and try to work with each other, just
like we have done in the past couple of months. There is no need to
refer to those old stories. There really is no benefit in doing so.

So let us just forget what happened one year ago, between linuxiran.org!
and the sharif university. We shall now focus on KOffice 1.3, which
should be out in August, and then on KDE 3.2, which we have many plans
for it.

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:58, Arash Zeini wrote:
> to request once again that all memebers of our lists to
> refrain from posting emails containing bad langauage. Specially if
> they are meant or can be taken as to be personal.

Arash, I didn't use any bad word regarding any person but myself. I
didn't offend a single individual, other than myself. What I said, was
only repeating what someone once told me, in a public place (as you
perfectly know). I didn't tell those words to him, or to anyone else.
I didn't offend anyone. I didn't deserve your criticism.

Having said that, I agree that I should have been a little more carefull
when wrting that email, and shouldn't have repeated what was once
directed at me.

I apologize for my use of words (even though they were not directed to
anyone).

Cheers
--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."