Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site

From: Hooman Baradaran
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:39:05 -0400

> somebody has answered a question and claimed that RedHat explicitly has
> added farsi language in its distro that I don't know if it is 100% true!!
> Hasn't KDE don that? maybe I interpreted the text wrong.  I have already
> pointed the answer towards FarsiKDE but it is good if somebody who could
> answer exactly who did what also put some words in there. I have, for
> example, read somewhere that sherif university and KDE have contributed a
> greate deal to add Farsi funktionality to linux and work still going on.

Mandrake 9.1 is officially supporting Farsi. In fact CTL languages are the
first in the list! They have used the Farsi support in KDE (of course!) but
you don't choose Farsi in KDE (except for keyboard). You can select Farsi
using LocalDrake which is Mandrakes tool for changing the language.
I don't use RedHat but I shouldn't be different. I have pretty sure they have
just used the Farsi support in KDE. Why wouldn't they?

--
Hooman Baradaran
address@hidden