Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] farsi linux site
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:52:08 +0300

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 14:42, Abbas Izad wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could somebody check the mailing list at linux farsi:
> http://linux.aictc.com
>
> somebody has answered a question and claimed that RedHat explicitly
> has added farsi language in its distro that I don't know if it is
> 100% true!! Hasn't KDE don that? maybe I interpreted the text wrong.
> I have already pointed the answer towards FarsiKDE but it is good if
> somebody who could answer exactly who did what also put some words in
> there. I have, for example, read somewhere that sherif university and
> KDE have contributed a greate deal to add Farsi funktionality to
> linux and work still going on.

This is a long story Abbas.
We have had history with the Sharif University.

In a nutshell, what they did, was patching the Qt toolkit, so that in Qt
3.0, we were able to write farsi in Qt and KDE applications. They
didn't contribute a single translation, to KDE 3.1

They also hosted this mailing list, for a while. Then we parted ways,
bitterly I have to say.

However, I know that recently Arash Zeini has made contact with the
Sharif University, and people behind the Natinal Farsi Linux Project.

To sum everything, nither Sharif has done anything regarding translation
of KDE nor RedHat. Anyone familiar with Linux at all, wouldn't have
made such a statment, because RedHat doesn't have a single KDE
developer, and is generaly uninterested in KDE.

Please provide me with the link to that tread in that mailing list. I
want to see who made that statement.

Cheers

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."