Re: [linuxiran] Crossover Office Wanted!

From: Arash Partow
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Crossover Office Wanted!
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:18:35 +1100

because the company codeweaver made the initial
version of wine and then branched it and gpl'ed that
branch, they have copyright over the original work
and derivative works excluding wine and any other
s/w they have gpl'ed which has been worked on after
they gpl'ed.

However they have to right to withdraw their "own"
gpl'ed at anytime.

its the same issue with staroffice and openoffice.

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net