Re: [certi-dev] HLA Plugin for XPlane / interoperability

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] HLA Plugin for XPlane / interoperability
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:26:46 +0000 (UTC)

"Gotthard,Petr" wrote:

> thanks to Martin Spott I have now a better FOM than the RPR-FOM. It
> seems to be very close to what your X-Plane plug-in is currently using:
> http://www.aviationsimnet.net/ASN/doc/aviationsimnetV3.1.html

Just to break the silence ....  ;-)
I think we have a nicely connected machine available that allows us to
run a public RTIG for being used with FlightGear. So, if you'd like to
do some interoperability tests or just would like to carry
FlightGear/HLA into the public, please tell me.

We _might_ want to add some sort of an authentication wrapper before if
CERTI does not offer such a feature.

Personally I'd prefer to have encrypted authentication very early in
the session initiation, probably starting with a simple passwd file as
a backend. I'm certain this already is an item on the CERTI developers'
wish list, so I'm not telling news to anyone ....

As long as such feature is not available, we might implement a simple
workaround by having a little web site that allows the user to releave
the IP number of his computer from the firewall restrictions for a
predefined perieod of time.

        Martin.