[certi-dev] Request for comments: Python bindings for HLA

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: [certi-dev] Request for comments: Python bindings for HLA
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:34:33 +0200

Dear all,
I would be very interested to hear your opinion about (hypothetic) Python language bindings for HLA. The point is that the Python language would facilitate a very high-level language mapping for HLA that could significantly simplify the model development.

Attached document illustrates the ideas so far. Comment of any kind are welcome, but I'm most interested to discuss the features of the (hypothetic) Python language extension.
 - What HLA features must be exposed by the Python mapping, i.e. what may be automated?
 - What Python features may be best used to implement the mappings?

I hope I haven't reinvented the wheel. Please stop me if I have.

Best Regards,
Petr