Re: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI RTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI RTI
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:18:37 +0200

Le 28 août 2008 08:51, Michael Raab <address@hidden> a écrit :

> If this is interesting for all of us you should discuss in english :-)

Yes that's true.
I explain why I have answered in french.

certi-devel mailing list is to be considered  "multi-lingual",
with a default language being english.

However one may ask a question using his favorite language (english,
french, ....)
then answering people may switch to english if they are more
comfortable with that
or if they want a wider audience.

There was a "french speaking" ML certi-devel-french
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/certi-devel-french
but I make it a readonly list
some monthes ago, after explaining (in french) why:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel-french/2008-06/msg00000.html

In fact having 2 list for current CERTI users community was too much, because
1) traffic on the french ML was very low
2) we end up answering the same issue twice
3) this make communication between french user community and
english-speaker community
    difficult.

I did answer in french because it was the first message of Bernard
and the issue he was facing was already encountered by others.

However, you were right to ask for an english switch.