Re: [certi-dev] PyHLA federate example

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] PyHLA federate example
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 18:21:22 +0200

2009/7/2 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>

> Hello users! :-)
>
> Thanks for trying. Some examples and description is in the manual
> http://www.nongnu.org/certi/PyHLA/manual/node8.html

I did RTFM, however I was missing some complete example for UAV/RAV
matching pair in Python.

> I use PyHLA to test my Virtual Air interfaces, so simple working examples can
> be found there.

I did go through it but direct pointers are easier to find :-)

> I have two "read-only" federates to monitor aircraft
> https://virtualair.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/virtualair/trunk/monitor-asn.py
> https://virtualair.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/virtualair/trunk/monitor-rpr.py
>
> And also a single "write-only" federate to insert a new aircraft. Please be
> aware this is a pre-alpha, so the aircraft motion is very stupid.
> https://virtualair.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/virtualair/trunk/inject-rpr.py

That one is interesting.
In fact we plan to write read+write federate in Python in a proof of
concept test.

> If you need some specific example, I'd be happy to create a new for you.

I'll begin with your previous files and come back to you if needed.
May be we can put in the applications/HLA_Tutorial  an example in each
supported language binding
that way it would be easier for someone (like me) wanting to go from
C++ to Python to compare
the examples side-by-side.

What do you think?

By the way the tutorial is not [yet] using libHLA for data encoding,
which would definitely be nice to update
this is sideote for whoever (including me) find the time to do it:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?9525

http://www.april.org