Re: [certi-dev] jCerti should be compatible with CVS head

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] jCerti should be compatible with CVS head
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:27:42 +0200

2010/4/5 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> Eric, Andrej,
> After a long struggle with ant and the various versions of Java I have a
> working environment.

Welcome to the Java world :-)
Sorry about that.
Such problem should disappear as soons as OpenJDK has been fully accepted.
(Before that most of the linux distro did not shipped a "genuine" JDK because
of Java licensing problem).

> Question: When I start the UAV examples, I get a lot of debugging messages.
> Is there a way to reduce the amount of messages? If not, I propose do develop
> it, because the current state may be scary for standard users. ;-)

Same impression on my side, but I did not asked because I didn't want to
overwhelm Andrej with question.

After looking a little bit by myself.
It appear Andrej used java.util.logging API which is a good choice:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/util/logging/overview.html
(an alternative is Log4j : http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/index.html)

Not too old tutorial about java.util.logging may be found here:
http://www.vogella.de/articles/Logging/article.html

Whatever, you should be able to control the amount of log by choosing
the appropriate default Log level in with the Logger.setLevel method.
For example:

LOGGER.setLevel(java.util.logging.Level.SEVERE);

configure that particular logger to only display SEVERE message (and up).

The level may be control for each "Logger" i.e.
whose instance is usually obtained by the factory "Logger.getLogger(<name>)"
There is to be at least 3 "LOGGER"

1 in MessageBuffer
1 in UavSend
1 in UavReceive

You can configure the logging level at more global scope but I do not remember
very well how to do it.
May be with LogManager API.

http://www.april.org