[certi-dev] jcerti: controlling logging

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: [certi-dev] jcerti: controlling logging
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:28:03 +0200

Hi Andrej,

[changing the mail subject]

2010/4/5 Andrej Pancik <address@hidden>:
> That is my fault. I forgot to turn it off after the upgrade. Right now
> there is no fancy way to reduce the amount of messages once the LibRTI
> is build. But changing the line 83
> in src\certi\rti\impl\CertiRtiAmbassador.java
>
> rootLogger.setLevel(Level.ALL);

> rootLogger.setLevel(Level.OFF);
>
> should do the trick. If Java had macros that line would be difference
> between debug and release build...

May be this could be controlled by a property file:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html

Default property file may be embedded into the "Release jar" whereas
debug run would read alternate property file from an external location.

Reading a property file from the jar should be easy:
http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/813

First trying an external (not in the jar) property file location is doable too.

That's just easy to go solution, may be there is better/nicer ones,
not a big deal though.

http://www.april.org