Re: [certi-dev] Running Portico example under CERTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Running Portico example under CERTI
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:08:19 +0200

2010/9/3 Roth, Christoph <address@hidden>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> sorry for my late response. I tried the CVS version.

When you do that, be sure other may be previously installed version
of CERTI are removed or comes after in your path.

> But I get still an [RTIinternalError 0x0]. It seems that the federate that
> reaches the sync
> point first (synchronizationPointAchieved call) doesn't detect it and
> crashes. Do you have any idea?

Could you send me your source code and example of use which doesn't work?
I do not remember, are running on Windows or Linux or other system ??

> Is there a workaround instead of using sync points? How do you usually
> synchronize a federation at startup?

Yes we do (see certi Billard example) or
HAL_TestsSuite "test-sync"
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/HLA_TestsSuite/test_Sync.cc?root=certi&view=markup

The thing is there should only be a *single* federate which calls
"registerFederationSynchronizationPoint"

see my latest remark on:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?30349

If several fedeerate call registerFederationSynchronizationPoint then the first
will succeed while others will get
"synchronizationPointRegistrationFailed" callback.

http://www.april.org