Re: [certi-dev] Problem with assignPHVPSToRequest

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Problem with assignPHVPSToRequest
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:52:12 +0100

2010/11/10 Michael Raab <address@hidden>:
> Got it! Parameter T needs to be a references not a value copy. Please see
> the fixed function declaration below.

Nice catch too.

> Same problem with assignAHVPSToRequest() and assignAHVToRequest().
>
> template<typename T>
> void
> assignPHVPSToRequest(const std::vector<std::pair<RTI::ParameterHandle,
> ParameterValue_t> > &PHVPSv, T &request) {}
>
> template<typename T>
> void
> assignAHVPSToRequest(const std::vector<std::pair<RTI::AttributeHandle,
> AttributeValue_t> >& AHVPSv, T &request) {}
>
> template<typename T>
> void}
> assignAHVToRequest(const std::vector<RTI::AttributeHandle>& AHV, T& request)
> {}
>
> Has no one ever used them?

Yes we did, but obviously not in our test suite...
I guess that we currently send Interaction and do not look the
parameter values...

Probably some other people do but with 3.3.3.
If you look at the diff between 3.3.3 and forthcoming 3.4.0
you'll see the gap :-]

We know that we are lacking a thorough test suite for CERTI,
we began the effort with HLA_TestSuite module and welcome contribution :-]
We should first basically begin with level1 testing
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?10490
and may be go forward after that.

That said thank you for your quest.
I've just checked in that fix (and the previous the one for NULL Tag
on UAV and SI just before that).

Now I will do similar changes for 1516 version too.
http://www.april.org