Re: [certi-dev] Problem with timeAdvanceGrant

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Problem with timeAdvanceGrant
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:11:37 +0200

2011/6/20 Christoph Laesche <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I have encountered a problem with the timeAdvanceGrant callback. The
> time given in the parameter ob the function is alway 0. Internally, the
> time advance seems to work correctly (I have tested it using two
> federates (both constrained and regulating) for which the time advance
> works if I ignore the parameter and just add a time step to the current
> time). it seems that only the parameter given to the callback is wrong.
>
> Is this a known problem? Do you have any idea, where the problem can be?
> (rtig/rtia/some function)

Not know.
However I discover a strange (in fact uneeded) auto_ptr usage in many
1516 callbacks.

could you try to edit RTI1516ambPrivateRefs.cpp and look for:

case Message::TIME_ADVANCE_GRANT:

then change:

std::auto_ptr < rti1516::LogicalTime > fedTime (new
RTI1516fedTime(msg->getDate().getTime()));
fed_amb->timeAdvanceGrant(*fedTime);

fed_amb->timeAdvanceGrant(RTI1516fedTime(msg->getDate().getTime()));

You can try to print out the msg->getDate().getTime() value conveyed
by the message
in order to check it before it get passed to the federate.

http://www.april.org