Re: [certi-dev] Matlab Toolbox

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Matlab Toolbox
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:00:11 +0200

2011/10/11 Christian Stenzel <address@hidden>:
> Many thanks Eric for your useful hint.
> So we only need to use the HLA1516 types lib for data encoding and a
> MatlabHLa1.3 Federate could communicate with a 1516-Federate (both with
> underlying CERTI).

With CERTI this should work.
At least it works with two C++ federates.

In fact even when using HLA13 one should ALWAYS use proper encoding.
In fact if you do not use proper encoding your federation will have
trouble if used in an heterogeneous
network: e.g. some C++ federate on a Sun Workstation (Big Endian) and
Matlab Federate on some intel PC (Little Endian).

1516 encoding helpers being a safe choice.

> Would that be enough for you Jan?

Jan will speak for himself but the question is certainly something like:
Will you be using another RTI which may not have the "mixed-standard"
support CERTI have?

http://www.april.org