cfengine-develop

[Cfengine-develop] Stable and development versions

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: [Cfengine-develop] Stable and development versions
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:33:44 +0000

I'd like your opinions about Cfengine's development cycle.

At present, we have the situation where bug-fixes are mixed in with
new features in every stable release. I would love to see a stable
branch and a separate development one.

The situation we had in the early days of Cfengine 2 was pretty hard
on the users. Version 2 wasn't out of alpha-testing yet it was the
only one having bug fixes applied. Version 1 was known to be solid
but largely unsupported.

With more developers, can we do something to improve this? If not,
I'll be releasing periodic patches to fix up the current stable
Cfengine, whatever version it is, based on my Debian work and on
patches submitted to the mailing list.

--
ROCKALL
SOUTHERLY BECOMING SOUTHEASTERLY OR CYCLONIC 4 OR 5, INCREASING 6