[Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] MSVCRTD.DLL required by windows ms

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] MSVCRTD.DLL required by windows msvc chicken build
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:35:03 -0800

Dan wrote:
Hi, I installed Chicken for Windows from the official
MSVC binary. CSI doesn't start, complaining about a
missing MSVCRTD.DLL. I have MSVC Visual Toolkit 2k3
installed, and am not about to upgrade that one.
Perhaps the Chicken distro should come with all
required DLL's in bin/ ?

I presume you compiled the (default) debug build. When you compile, install, and run the Release build, does it complain that you're missing MSVCRT.DLL?

I'm not sure what the Windows "installation culture" is regarding MSVCRT*.dll. I agree it should be resolved in some manner.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every