Re: [Chicken-hackers] single egg documentation format

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] single egg documentation format
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:05:04 +0200

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Ivan Raikov<address@hidden> wrote:

> Please do not get rid of eggdoc and seriously consider either finding someone
> to maintain the wiki software, or using a better source format for the
> manual.

I doubt that someone will be willing to maintain stream-wiki - it really is
rather complex and has loads of dependencies. That wiki2html is a hack
is also true, but I'm quite unhappy with the current situation. Having all
documentation in a wiki on the other hand is quite convenient and allows
more people to help maintain it.

Having multiple documentation formats is not acceptable, IMHO, and I
hope you agree with that. I personally don't care what format we use,
and the easier it is to manipulate in Scheme, the better.

So do we need an eggdoc wiki? What are we going to do?