Re: [Chicken-hackers] numerator/denominator

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] numerator/denominator
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:57:11 -0700

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:51 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> So to fix that (a minor issue), we would need to separate number? and
> real? for this case.  (The identity of rational? and real? would
> remain.)

Oh, and to underscore something else I said recently....

So what I say here assumes that we don't care about r6rs.  One of the
stupid things about r6rs was to drink the IEEE coolaid badly, and think
that nans and infinities are real numbers.

But I don't care much about it, we could take the alternative view of
r6rs, and then real? and number? would continue to match, and rational?
would be false on the infinities and nans.

Thomas