[Chicken-hackers] chicken-setup stub broken

From: Derrell Piper
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] chicken-setup stub broken
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:10:07 -0500

I still have a tendency to type chicken-setup by mistake and just
discovered that chicken-setup's not been through install_name_tool:

% which chicken-setup
/usr/local/chicken/bin/chicken-setup
% chicken-setup
dyld: Library not loaded: libchicken.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/chicken/bin/chicken-setup
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
fluffy527% otool -L /usr/local/chicken/bin/chicken-setup
/usr/local/chicken/bin/chicken-setup:
        libchicken.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 125.0.0)

This is 4.3.0 (from the released tarball) built:

  make PLATFORM=macosx PREFIX=/usr/local/chicken ARCH=x86-64

I think this was true for 4.2.0 too but I didn't realize what the
problem was before figuring out why (unsafe) wasn't working with csc.

FWIW, I think you should just delete the chicken-setup stub.  The docs
are clear enough that it has been superceded by chicken-install.  Then
again it's never been obvious to me why chicken-setup got rototilled in
the first place.  Not having to remember (or know) svn syntax was a win.

Derrell

PS,

Can someone create me a Trac account?  I sent email to Ivan (per the
Trac main page) but haven't heard anything back and that was a few days
ago.  Requested username is, 'ddp'.  I'd rather file bugs in Trac than
clutter up this list.