[Chicken-hackers] animation of svn history using gource

From: Felix
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] animation of svn history using gource
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:47:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, fellow CHICKEN hackers!

The other day I stumbled across "gource", a visualization toolkit for
animating the commit history of various VCSes in a very nice fashion:

  http://code.google.com/p/gource/

It's quite easy to install and produces stunning graphics.  For your
convenience a pre-processed log of the svn history of the egg repo is
available here:

  http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken-eggs-gource.log.gz

Use it like this:

  gource --log-format custom chicken-eggs-gource.log

(You may want to pass "-s 0.1" or similar to speed up the animation)

The system is interactive and fun to explore. I think it gives an
impression of the size and the sometimes frantic activity of the work
done in recent years. Of particular interest is how the work shifted
from one release branch to the next.

Watch it - that's us!

I haven't been able to produce a video, yet. I'm too dumb to use
ffmpeg correctly and I don't have the bandwidth to upload it
anyway. If someone could perhaps assist me in getting this onto
youtube or vimeo, I'd be grateful.