Re: [Chicken-hackers] On Hash Collisions (28C3)

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] On Hash Collisions (28C3)
Date: 02 Jan 2012 14:09:19 +0100

On Jan 2 2012, Ivan Raikov wrote:

   I also do not understand why using different data structures is not
under consideration.

This might be a matter of taste wrt. maintaining software.

I prefer to choose data structures for their merits.

When it turns out that the _implementation_ is (kind of) buggy,
I aim at fixing it once at for all uses and users.  Rather than
me and all going out and reverse a well made decision (here: to use
a hash table); all must change a lot of code (i.e. create more bugs).

/Jörg

(And don't forget that there is still the symbol table, which should
eventually considered too.  Going to be hard to avoid that one
in your program ;-)