Re: [Chicken-hackers] compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 11:09:38 +0100 (CET)

From: Jefferson Gafton <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:25:37 -0800

> In my quest for a statically compiled, lean and mean Chicken, I decided to
> try compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc.
> (http://www.etalabs.net/musl/faq.html)
>
> While some of the compile went without complaint, there were a bunch of
> errors and warnings during the compilation of posixunix.c
>
>   http://paste.pocoo.org/show/545853/
>
> After a discussion about this on #musl, it was suggested on #chicken that the
> #musl discussion be forwarded to this list, which I am doing now.  Please see
> the log here:
>
>   http://paste.pocoo.org/show/545882/
>
> It seems that Chicken might have some portability and POSIX compatibility
> issues that need to be addressed before it could be compiled with musl or
> other similar libraries like ulibc or dietlibc that are sometimes used
> instead of glibc.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for this information. I will try to build chicken with
musl, but perhaps you can help me getting started. I was able to build
and install musl without problems, but what must
"/etc/ld-musl-ARCH.path" contain to link and execute compiled code
properly? I have not created that file, yet, and linking a trivial
program gives me:

/home/felix/opt/musl/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to
`__stack_chk_fail_local'