[Chicken-hackers] compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc

From: Jefferson Gafton
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 15:25:37 -0800

In my quest for a statically compiled, lean and mean Chicken, I decided to try
compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc.
(http://www.etalabs.net/musl/faq.html)

While some of the compile went without complaint, there were a bunch of errors
and warnings during the compilation of posixunix.c

  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/545853/

After a discussion about this on #musl, it was suggested on #chicken that the
#musl discussion be forwarded to this list, which I am doing now.  Please see
the log here:

  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/545882/

It seems that Chicken might have some portability and POSIX compatibility
issues that need to be addressed before it could be compiled with musl or other
similar libraries like ulibc or dietlibc that are sometimes used instead of
glibc.

  --Sergey

Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
TRY IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if2 for FREE