Re: [Chicken-hackers] substring function and bounds checks

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] substring function and bounds checks
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:41:32 +0900

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Michele La Monaca <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:
> operations.  The only example provided was fairly obscure and it was
> indeed a composition, even if you don't think it's worth separating them
> for logging or other handling.

At the prompt of your shell type:

# ls ?a_well_thought_out_substring_function_would_do_this_job*

I'm not sure I understand, but it sounds like you're just mocking me?

What did I do to deserve such a tone?  I'm claiming that the
function you suggest is an idiom composition of two ideas,
and have provided examples and arguments to support my
claim.

In turn I ask both you and John for examples where this is
not the case.  John did provide an example, though it was
in fact a composition.  You, on the other hand, are arguing
at the level of a 4 year old.

I can only assume I'm being trolled and will drop out of the
discussion now, which is a shame because there were some
interesting points to be made.

--
Alex