Re: [Chicken-hackers] testcase -strict-types

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] testcase -strict-types
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:59:16 +0100

Hi Jörg,

Jörg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> writes:
> Note: in local procedure `doloop9',
>  in toplevel procedure `foo#bar':
>  (strcttps.scm:10) in procedure call to `null?', the predicate is
> called with an argument of type
>  `null' and will always return true gcc strcttps.c -o strcttps.o -c
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H
> -DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -I"/usr/include/chicken"
> rm strcttps.c gcc strcttps.o -o strcttps -L"/usr/lib" -Wl,-R"/usr/lib"
> -lchicken -lm -ldl rm strcttps.o $ ./strcttps gaga

The "Note" points to the problem I think: The specializer seems to just
replace your null? check with #t as can be seen when compiling the
program like this:

  $ csc -debug 3 -strict-types strcttps.scm

The output contains this:

  (if #t (k225 'gaga) (k225 foobar8))

I'm not sure how -strict-types could lead to this result. Maybe the type
declaration for null? is flawed somehow?

Moritz