Re: [Chicken-hackers] [patch] utils: qs not escaping pipes

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [patch] utils: qs not escaping pipes
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 23:22:38 +0200

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 03:53:42PM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> Could someone more knowledgeable about Windows please take a look at
> the version for that platform?  That implementation does not look correct
> at all.  It would be great if we could have a correct version for Windows
> as well.

Here's a new patch for both Unix and Windows.  Again, I'd appreciate if
someone could test this on Windows.

The fact that Felix (silently!) had to push a fix for qs to also escape
the pipe character really shows the need for a whitelist approach.
Florian's fix takes care of this properly.  I hope this addition
for Windows helps make it work everywhere, so we can finally get this
problem fixed.

http://www.more-magic.net