Re: [Chicken-hackers] chicken-fuse

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] chicken-fuse
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:33:49 +0100

On 2014-03-18 08:56, Evan Hanson wrote:
> [...]
> My thinking was that, because the release
> callback is used to clean up resources, one would want it to receive the
> handle value in a form that's already as cleaned up as possible from
> fuse's point of view (i.e. unevicted).
> [...]

Hello,

as far as I can tell and if I understand the CHICKEN manual correctly,
object-unevict copies an object into garbage collected memory but does
*not* destroy the original evicted copy.

So, unless this release callback of yours also frees the evicted copy
using the deallocator function matching the allocator function that was
passed to the original call to object-evict, this will very likely leak
resources *and* perform unnecessary managed allocation operations during
cleanup.

Ciao,
Thomas