[Chicken-hackers] mmap (was: Re: library unit restructuring)

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] mmap (was: Re: library unit restructuring)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 14:56:38 +0100

Hi,

>   - memory-mapped-files

Without wishing to hijack the entire thread, as an aside, is there any
way of making memory mapped files play nicely with the CHICKEN scheduler
and threading model? It's possible for memory mapped files to cause a
page fault which will then wait for I/O and, as I understand it, that
will block the entire runtime.

The background to this is that I've been thinking of switching on mmap
support in my SQLite database. AIUI, the Sqlite API is blocking anyway
and even the existing read calls underneath the FFI call with block the
runtime.

Regards,
@ndy

--