Re: [Chicken-hackers] Including chicken.h fails for C++11

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Including chicken.h fails for C++11
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 20:22:40 +0200

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 11:37:17PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> > It was introduced in changeset fcc7e346c63e24be91337df9a3ad30d0c5360144
> > in December 2009.
> >

> I can't recall. Perhaps because of insufficient mathlib support on
> MingW, or for some other obscure reason.

If that was the reason, it can surely be dropped because the GNU check
was replaced by a linux check later.

I've tested on Linux, and the attached patches fix the problem and compile
fine with normal C as well.  I also got rid of a few warnings by wrapping
some more static strings in C_text() calls (which does nothing in C mode, but
in C++ mode it will add an explicit cast from string to C_char *).

I vote for also applying this to prerelease, as it is a reasonably
simple change and it fixes a real problem with C++.