Re: [Chicken-hackers] Windows 10, MinGW-W64, Chicken 4.11, "invalid enco

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Windows 10, MinGW-W64, Chicken 4.11, "invalid encoded numeric literal"
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 18:03:54 +0200

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 11:08:20AM -0400, Claude Marinier wrote:
> We have seen this before but these may not be related.
>   https://github.com/nickg/swank-chicken/issues/10
>
> http://nongnu.13855.n7.nabble.com/quot-panic-invalid-encoded-numeric-literal-quot-with-gtk-td196533.html
>
> The other interesting queston is: Why me?

Hi again Claude,

I asked Hugo on IRC if he ever figured out why he got this error, and
it turns out that CHICKEN has a bug in that its numeric parser relies
on C functions to convert strings to numbers, which means it's locale-
sensitive.  It shouldn't do that (because string->number isn't defined
to be locale-sensitive in the Scheme spec).

See: https://gist.github.com/hugoArregui/7b5626c7dc00f45cdb4ea8721db4f777

Can you check your locale environment variables, and see if resetting
it to the "C" locale works around the bug?