Re: [Chicken-hackers] C lost -D on chicken-install

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] C lost -D on chicken-install
Date: 21 Aug 2018 13:59:37 +0200

I'm not sure this will do the trick.

it the environment variable CSC_OPTIONS added to the options given in the .egg file or does it overwrite them?

The former would count as a workaround, the latter not help in my case at all.

The use case of the -D switch, which I need first and foremost to support is code instrumentation. There are lots of yocto build recipes which compile differently when -Ddebug is given.

Peter is right: this makes determining the freshness of files harder. (In the case of yocto the bitbrake program can take care of that one. Chicken could mimic the trick. But that's certainly beyond chicken 5.0)

BTW: C5 is easily troubled if there are *.import.scm files from C4 in the same directory. The resulting error messages are horror. They compile but upon import we get something like "eval not avail".

Best

/Jörg