chicken-users

Port of msgpack to Chicken 5

From: Théo Cavignac
Subject: Port of msgpack to Chicken 5
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:38:16 +0100

Hi,

About two years ago I started a big project using Chicken and msgpack. The msgpack egg being stalled and only in C4, I ported it to C5.

I tried to contact the original author on Github but he never replied (maybe he will see this mail, in which case I would be happy to hand over my port to him).

Not having any answer I planned on releasing this myself, but it delayed that for some time waiting for a moment to learn a bit more about eggs publications.

That day came today.

I never submitted an egg before so I am not sure everything is alright but this community is very helpful, so I look forward to make it perfect.

The code is available at https://github.com/Lattay/chicken-msgpack.

I updated the doc and added a README.svnwiki that could be used as a wiki page I think.

The release info is there: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Lattay/chicken-msgpack/master/msgpack.release-info

There is a test suite from the original author that I find pretty good.

Cheers,

Théo