Re: bug in java.lang.Integer.java?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: bug in java.lang.Integer.java?
Date: 21 Jul 2002 16:56:16 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 02:42, Thomas Hergenhahn wrote:
> I'm using libjava from GCC-3.0.4 on Linux i386.
> I pass the result from an Applet's getParameter to Integer.parseInt. If the
> parameter doesn't exist, my Application hangs at thist point. I catch a
> numberFormatException, but not a NullPointer Exception.

This should be fixed in the latest GNU Classpath source and in GCJ
3.1.x. (I even added an extra test to our Mauve test framework for this
case.)

BTW. How are you testing you Applet with gcj/libjava. We do have an
implementation of the java.applet class but java.awt isn't finished and
we don't have an Appletviewer yet.

> --- strtod.c  Wed Apr  7 16:52:39 1999
> +++ strtod.c.new      Wed Apr  3 19:14:18 2002

I don't know enough about this code. Could you send some example code
that produces the wrong result?

Thanks,

Mark