Re: JNI header files

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: JNI header files
Date: 16 Jul 2003 08:16:16 -0400

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We don't seem to have real build support for creating JNI header files
> but instead have pre-generated .h files in our include file.
> Why is that? We do seem to detect which javah like program the user has
> installed. On my system it correctly detects gcjh.
>
> I would like them to be generated at build time so they won't get out of
> sync by accident.

The native side wasn't changing much and keeping the header generation
was more pain (to me) than just checking them in.  I don't think it
would be so bad if you added a target somewhere that regenerated them
but wasn't part of the usual build.  For distributions I wanted to
distribute the headers as well.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>