Dependencies files

From: Dr. Torsten Rupp
Subject: Dependencies files
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:11:55 +0200

Dear Classpath members,

I added some files with the names

class-dependencies.conf

in some Java package directories. These files describe dependencies
of class/methods/fields as a property file. The data can be used if
a VM tool want to link classes to an "static linked" application,
like our JamaicaVM tool "Builder" can do. We use these dependencies
to detect which classes/methods/fields have to be linked to the
build application if some class/method/field is used. This is
important if the dependencies to some classes/methods/fields are can
be detected completely by a class-analysis, e. g. if some field in
a class is accessed in some native-methods.

Please have a look into the files and feel free to add dependencies
which are still missing. If the dependency information is not needed
in your VM, yust ignore the files.

Sincerely,

Torsten