Re: [Question] j2ee, classpath, kaffe.

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: [Question] j2ee, classpath, kaffe.
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:10:50 +0200

On Thursday 16 October 2003 05:07, jsona laio wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyone/institute who ever developed
> application following j2ee spec that runs on free
> software such as kaffe and classpath? Because lately I
> involve a project that is going to be developed
> through free software. So I'm trying to evaluate such
> solution would be possible or not. (Though I know
> there're other solutions other than java; yet, first,
> I'm not familiar with other language; second,
> middleware is my consideration this moment.)
> I appreciate any suggestions,
> Sincerely.

Classpath is reported to run JBoss, so in theory such a solution is possible.
In practice you may end up posting some bug reports on Classpath, but that's
part of the fun. :) In the end your application will work, and all users of
Classpath will be grateful to you.

Note that Kaffe is not the only free Java using Classpath; among the many
listed at www.classpath.org, gcj may be very interesting for your project.
Open-source Java that runs as fast as native code, because it _is_ native
code.

Best wishes

--
Chris Gray                                /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/