VMInterface addition: Make native library names part of VMInterface

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: VMInterface addition: Make native library names part of VMInterface
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:43:39 +0200

Hi all,

One of the things I keep stumbling over whenever I merge code from Classpath into Kaffe is the different native library names. Would it be possible to separate those out into their own VMInterface class and use references instead?

I'd prefer something like

System.loadLibrary(VMNativeLibraries.IO);

to what we have now,

System.loadLibrary("javaio");

where library names are hardcoded in each class that needs to use them. Beside preventing errors the compiler can't catch, like misspelling a library name, it would make the code slightly cleaner in my opinion, as it would replace a hardcoded constant with a single occurence. If everyone agrees, I'd be happy to provide a patch, and an implementation of the VMNativeLibraries class with the current library names.

cheers,
dalibor topic