Re: Eclipse 3.0

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: Eclipse 3.0
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:31:32 +0200

>    at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.BundleResourceHandler.openConnection
> (BundleResourceHandler.java:138)
>    at java.net.URL.openConnection (URL.java:658)
>    at java.net.URL.openStream (URL.java:671)
>    at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.ManifestLocalization.getResourceBundle
>  (ManifestLocalization.java:114)
> [...]
>
> This indicates that it is a general bug in our GNU Classpath core
> libraries. I have been unable to pinpoint it however.

just an observation: NullPointerExceptions are often thrown, because in
GNU Classpath are lots of method skeletons, which are not yet
implemented and only return null. Maybe (hopefully) this is such a
case.? Didn't look at it though.

Maybe we should go and throw out (or even better: implement) any such
methods. Then we would see such problems earlier -- during compiling.
Although, this would very likely break alot of things.

just my 2c

/Roman