Re: API clean up patch

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: API clean up patch
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:19:01 -0500

David Holmes wrote:
Who wants a VM that's incapable of generating stack traces??

Probably noone, but I'd love to be able to NOT have the stacktrace always
filled in automatically upon construction.

You pretty much have to save something at construction time, because
the stack sequence is going to change and be lost immediately afterward.

In JC just the "raw" stack infomation is saved (namely PC values) and
only later, if necessary, is that information decoded into a printable
stack trace. I'm sure other VM's do similar things.

-Archie