How to handle properties file

From: Nicolas Geoffray
Subject: How to handle properties file
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:14:44 +0200

Hello all,

I'm a student in a french university and finalizing a jvm
implementation, using the gnu classpath. I'm having a few questions (i
hope it's the right place to ask).

First question : how can i handle properties file stored in the
glibj.zip. A simple example is the readConfiguration function in
java/util/logging/LogManager class file. It first trys to get a
"java.util.logging.config.file" property which should be a path in the
filesystem. The thing is, it's in the glibj.zip file. There might be a
hack somewhere in the FileInputStream to read from a zip file, but i'm
not aware of it.

Other question : shouldn't the function postInit from
vm/reference/gnu/classpath/VMSystemProperties be native? It's my vm that
reads the commande line that stands before the name of the class to
execute.

Thanks in advance for any replies

--
Nicolas Geoffray <address@hidden>