Re: error building classpath with gcj 3.3.5

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: error building classpath with gcj 3.3.5
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:58:01 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 06:58 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> So my call now: Let us update to depend on GCJ 4.0.0 as a minimum when
> building
> with GCJ. The Building with jikes or other java compilers should be unaffected
> by this.
>
> What do you think?

Lets drop support for gcj < 3.4 now (3.3 is really ancient). And only
support gcj 4.0+ after the next snapshot (0.16) next month. GCC 4.0
isn't included in many distributions yet. Hopefully in 3 months when
0.17 comes out this won't be a problem anymore.

Depending on 4.0+ will also enable us to finally automatically
regenerate the JNI .h files.

Tom, does your "big merge" work depend on 4.0 things?
Do you want to get that in before 0.16 (end of next month)?

Cheers,

Mark