classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] DOS characters in shell scripts.

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] DOS characters in shell scripts.
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:22:12 +1000

Olivier LF wrote:
PS: I'll start working on the JUnit test harness for GCJ soonish.

It does work! I ran the test suite, it reports:

101 tests, 13 failures.

The failures are not really failures, they all seem to boil down to
java.security.Exception from requests for algorithms not available in the
gcj standard lib (as opposed to jdk)...

the current codebase --with the gnu.crypto.jce package, which consists of adapters for use by the JCA/JCE-- runs fine using sun's java interpreter; i.e. all tests pass. with that package, the gnu.crypto implements the MD5, SHA-1 (hash) and DSS (signature) that are standard jdk (without the need for any JCE cleanroom or otherwise add-on).

is it feasible/wothwhile for the people doing the gcj to include the gnu.crypto in their release?

i guess a more exhaustive list of what is failing might give us -me- a better clue of what is still missing.

cheers;
rsn