cons-discuss

cons - 2 things to think about

From: Paul Heely
Subject: cons - 2 things to think about
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:40:33 -0400

I am new to cons and have a problem that I would like to express as a
scenario.

Say,

foo.xxx created foo.in by executing a command bar

Then foo.in created a list of c and h files that need to be built.. but the
list of sources that are created is dependent on the contents of foo.in

But, the command foo when given a -list parameter would list the set of
output files
that it would generate if executed without the -list

% foo -list foo.in
foo.x.cc
foo.y.cc
foo.x.h
foo.y.h

Now executing the command
% foo foo.in

produces these files, and I need to compile and link them with, maybe,

Program $env "a.out", @sources_produced_from_foo.in;

I would like to create a cons script that builds these.. Looks like cons
currently doesn't lend itself well to this type of operation.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
--Paul