cons-discuss

RE: cons - 2 things to think about (cons -r and AfterBuild)

From: Gary Oberbrunner
Subject: RE: cons - 2 things to think about (cons -r and AfterBuild)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:27:00 -0400

Steven has a good point.  I never use cons -r myself, I just delete my build
and install dirs, which is why this doesn't bother me personally.  I think
if your world is this dynamic there's no real choice other than to just
document it.  One alternative which I *don't* suggest would be to keep a log
of what cons had created or found to be up to date, and delete all of that
with cons -r.  It would be pretty hard to make that work in all cases, and
if you changed your Construct/cript and the first thing you did was cons -r
it wouldn't work at all correctly.

Gary Oberbrunner                address@hidden
GenArts, Inc.                   Tel: 617-492-2888
8 Clinton Street                Fax: 617-492-2852
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA         http://web.genarts.com