cons-discuss

Re: deprecating features: -wf, Repository_Sig_Times_OK?

From: Doug Alcorn
Subject: Re: deprecating features: -wf, Repository_Sig_Times_OK?
Date: 28 Jun 2001 14:45:50 -0400

"Gary Oberbrunner" <address@hidden> writes:

> I was originally going to use -wf to rebuild the emacs TAGS file from only
> the relevant source files, but never got around to it.  I suppose I'd like
> it to stay just in case someone wants to do that, but on the other hand that
> output still has to be filtered before you can use it, so maybe it's not the
> right answer to that need.

It would be very nice to have cons build TAGS files.  I tried to write
something once, but failed.  Didn't the linux kernel team finally come
up with some makefile rules to build TAGS files that pleased both the
ctags and the etags camps?  Maybe we could leverage that work.

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:address@hidden http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543