criawips-users

Re: [users] Hello

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: Re: [users] Hello
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:40:06 +0200

Hi,

From: "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters>
> One place where I *might* be able to help, if this isn't being done
> already - I think it would be neat to port latex2html to output
> criawips slide show, which of course could then be cleaned up etc. if
> needed. It would give a nice starting point for people who have
> articles etc. written in LaTeX that they want to use for a
> presentation.

There's no one working on such an importer yet, this is mostly because we don't
have a generic import/export system yet. So, if you want to give it a try, take
a look at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/, there's already a bug about beamer import.

> I don't know how hard that will be, since criawips uses xml I don't
> think it would be that hard. It would be ideal of course to keep the
> applicable switches the same. At a minimal I'll learn more about LaTeX
> and perl ;)

You won't be able to write the importer in perl as long as we don't have
perl-bindings for the core classes (which I don't plan to write), so you'll
have to stick with plain C for now.

Regards,
  Sven