Re: [Debian-sf-devel] LDAP problem

From: Grant Bowman
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] LDAP problem
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:41:31 -0800

* Tim Uckun <address@hidden> [011230 14:38]:
> At 10:07 PM 12/29/2001 -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
> >* Tim Uckun <address@hidden> [011229 21:42]:
> >> After I installed sf 2.6 I noticed that the slapd.conf file was missing.  I
> >> don't know how or why this happened but it did. I did a dpkg-reconfigure
> >> slapd. It ran OK but it did not create a slapd.conf file.
> >>
> >> Anybody know why this would happen? Can anybody send me their slapd.conf so
> >> I can see what entries need to be there?
> >
> >`man slapd.conf` ?
>
> Well that's helpful

I would be interested to see an example as well.

> Anyways it still does not answer the following questions.
>
> 1) How come apt-get install did not create a slapd.conf and a database in
> /var/lib/ldap.

My slapd.conf is in /etc/ldap/ even if I dont' have the sf packages
installed yet.

> 2) How come dpkg-reconfigure slapd did not create any of the above.

Did you check the /var/lib/dpkg/info/slapd.* scripts yet?

> 3) Were there any modifications made to slapd.conf by  ldap-utils,
> libldap2, libnss-ldap, libpam-ldap, php4-ldap or sourceforge  that would
> not be mentioned in the man pages if so what?
> 4) How does one go about actually creating the database and seeding it with
> the right information to get sourceforge working properly?

Not sure on these.

I may not have all the answers to your questions, but I think that they
are much more informative and likely to get answered with the additional
detail now.  Thanks for clarifying.

I intend to mostly lurk for now, but I am very interested in the
software and it's development.

No word back yet from Sourceforge folks, but I have a phone call to return
about this subject.

Happy New Year,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <address@hidden>